What is Cloud Computing | Cloud Computing Technology. Cloud computing is taking over the whole world in the field of Information Technology. From the last 10 years Cloud Computing Technology has constantly gained momentum from traditional software models to the internet.
What is Cloud Computing | Cloud Computing Technology
Now, you must be thinking, what actually cloud computing is ?. So, here we bring you the whole statistics of Cloud Computing.
What is Cloud Computing ?
The delivery of on demand computing services from applications to storage and processing power, typically over the internet is called Cloud Computing. Cloud Computing enables companies to consume a compute resource, such as a virtual machine, Storage or an application, as a utility rather than having to build and maintain computing infrastructures inside buildings. It is a method for delivering information technology services in which resources are recovered from the internet through web based tools and applications.
How Cloud Computing Works ?
Using Cloud computing, users can access software and applications from wherever they are. Which means that users do not have to worry about things such as storage and power, they can simply enjoy the climax.
Rather than keeping files on a restrictive hard drive or local storage devices, cloud storage makes it possible to save them to a remote database. One can access the data and the software programs from cloud as long as an electronic device has access to the web.
Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- A user only pays for services used i.e for memory, processing time and bandwidth, etc.
- The back-end of the application is completely managed by a cloud seller.
- Services are expandable.
Why it is named so ?
Cloud Computing is named so because the information being accessed is found in “the cloud”. A user does not requires to be in a specific place to gain access to it. This type of system allows employees to work remotely. Today, most of the companies provide cloud services to their users to store files and applications on remote servers. Hence, enabling them to access all the data via the Internet.
ALSO CHECK:- All time Best PC games
Types of Cloud Computing
1. Platform as a Service (PaaS)
It is the most complex type of cloud-based computing. It is a cloud computing branch that allows users to develop, run and manage applications without having to get caught up in code, storage, infrastructure etc. A report indicates that PaaS solutions are expected to generate 44 billion USD in revenues by the year 2020.
PaaS further has several types:-
- PUBLIC:- Public PaaS is hosted in the cloud, and its infrastructure is managed by the provider.
- PRIVATE:- Private PaaS is housed in private networks or onsite servers and is maintained by the user.
- HYBRID:- Hybrid PaaS uses elements from both public and private, and is capable of executing applications from multiple cloud infrastructures.
ALSO CHECK:- Know all about about Artificial Intelligence
2. Software as a Service (SaaS)
Using the cloud, software such as an internet browser or application is able to become a usable tool. A report from Goldman Sachs projects that by 2020, 60 % of the total cloud workloads will be SaaS.
3. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
It is a method for delivering everything from operating systems to servers and storage through IP-based connectivity. Clients can avoid the need to purchase software or servers, and instead secure these resources in an outsourced, on-demand service. A third party hosts elements of infrastructure, such as hardware, software, servers, and storage, also providing backup, security, and maintenance.
ALSO CHECK:- Top 10 Smartphones Companies in the World 2018
Benefits/Advantages of Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing has several captivating benefits end users and businesses. Which are as follows:-
- Firstly, Users are able to carry over their files and settings to other devices in a completely unstoppable manner.
- Users can check their email on any computer and even store files using services such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Cloud Users can also back up their photos, music, videos and other files in cloud storage.
- It saves storage space on desktops and laptops, when individuals upload photos, documents, and videos to the cloud.
- It enables users to pay only for the resources and workloads they use.
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
- Firstly, Servers maintained by cloud computing companies can fall victim to a natural disasters, internal bugs and power outrages, too.
- Many individuals accessing and manipulating information through a single portal, accidental mistakes can transfer across an entire system.
- When any sensitive information makes its way into the hands of malicious hackers, who may delete, manipulate or exploit the data, media headlines start making rounds about data breaches.
ALSO CHECK:-Uses of Computers in Modern World
Cloud Computing is is taking services and moving them outside an organization’s firewall applications, storage and other services are accessed via the web. The services are delivered and used over the internet and are paid for by the cloud customer on an as-needed or pay-per-use business model.
Although, it has some risks but in current scenario cloud computing is very much useful. Talking about risks, according to some reports, most of the data breaches have been with onsite systems, not those in clouds. So, those who were fearing of using cloud computing, use it fearlessly.
Comment below your thoughts on cloud computing and about this article.