Home Equity Loan, Risks and Benefits. You may be facing problems with your major home expenses and debts, that’s why you decided to go for Home Equity loan. So, before you apply for an equity loan, you need to know some basic things about it.
Home Equity Loan, Risks and Benefits
Here, in this article we will try to clear your doubts related to Home Equity loan.
What is Home Equity Loan
Equity Loan or Home Equity loan is a type of consumer debt that allows you to borrow against your home’s value. It lets you borrow a fixed amount, secured by the equity in your home and receive your money in one lump sum.
Home equity loan is also referred as home equity installment loan sometimes. Also, It is a type of second mortgage that let’s you use your home’s value as security to pull out cash in a lump sum. “First” mortgage is the one you used to purchase your home. Home equity is the difference between how much a home is worth and any debts against it, such as primary mortgage.
Mostly, home equity loans have a fixed interest rate, fixed term and fixed monthly payment. However, a fixed rate and fixed monthly payment can help your budget as you work toward your financial goals. Equity in your home can be a tool in managing your financial expenses like home renovation or college expenses.
How does a Home Equity Loan Works
Once you borrow with a hone equity loan, your lender will pay you a single lump sum. You can use the money to finance consolidate credit card debts, home renovations and other large expenses. Once you have received your loan, you start repaying it right away at a fixed interest rate. Which means you will pay a set amount every month for the term of the loan.
Benefits of Hone Equity Loan
When you need cash, Home Equity loans can be a useful tool for you. Below are some benefits of home equity loan:-
- Tax Benefits:- It allows you to deduct some of the interest you pay on a home equity loan. Particularly, if you use the money for renovation projects to a property.
- Low interest rates:- Home Equity loans generally have low interest rate than other unsecured type of debts. This helps you save greatly on interest payments and improve monthly cash flow if you need to consolidate high interest debt.
- Stable Monthly Payments:- There is no worry about fluctuations on you payments over time, as a fixed rate home equity loan will not let that happen.
- Large Amounts:- If you have sufficient Equity in the home, you can qualify for comparatively large loans with this type of loan.
Risk of Home Equity Loan
Before you start using a home equity loan for any purpose, be sure to get in touch with its risks. Below are some risks that you need to know:-
- Misuse of Money:- Experts recommend that you should use hone equity loan only for those expenses that will pay you back. Those expenses are like home renovation, paying As for college, starting a business or consolidating high interest debt. As your home is not a money bank.
- Borrowing costs:- Look out for a cheap leap as less as possible and pay attention to the loan’s percentage rate. As some lenders charge fees for a home equity loan. Which includes the interest rate and other loan fees. If you use these fees into your loan, you will likely pay a higher interest rate.
- Risk of Losing your Home:- Your home secures your equity debt, so if you fail to make payments, your lender can deprive on it. If housing values plunge, you could go bankrupt, because you owe more on your home than it’s worth.
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOCs)
A Hom Equity Loan is not the only option that allows you to valve your home’s equity for cash. A HELOC, offers you another way to use your home’s value for cash expenses. It is a kind of loop credit that allows you to borrow money as you need it with your home as security. This option allows you to borrow multiple times after you get approved for a maximum amount available.
ALSO CHECK:-Student Loan Refinancing
ALSO CHECK:- Student Loan Consolidation
ALSO CHECK:- Consolidate Graduate and Undergraduate Student loans